If you are wondering if it’s the right time for you to get rid of your old fashioned cash register then the answer is yes and we suggest, instead, going with a mobile POS system. A POS system does everything that a traditional cash register does plus much, much more and, best of all, it runs on a mobile device, in this case an IPad.
- Probably one of the best things about an IPad based POS is the fact that the start-up costs are low. This is especially beneficial if you are just starting your business which leaves you with more money to invest in other sectors. If you are not able to purchase the POS, many companies that develop IPad base POS systems will allow you to lease their software and pay monthly or yearly fees.
- If you are not very tech savvy, don’t worry. The IPad POS is as simple to set up as it is to use. All you need is a few plugs, a LAN cable and some space for your cash drawer. Once you have all of this, all you need to do is plug everything in and you are good to go. Same goes of updates. The updates for your software come directly to your IPad through the system and are automatic, and even more importantly- completely free.
- But, perhaps nothing makes an IPad POS system worth it more than the ease with which it allows you to run everything. You have complete, real time outlook on your IPad. You can track your inventory management, see what your customers like and don’t like, prevent any negligence that might happen, make orders or automate the system to make orders for you and much more, all with a touch on the pad.
- When it comes to the employees, the IPad POS lets you manage your payroll which can be critical to the success of your business. The system lets you track busy times as well as slow times, which will help you see when you need to have more personnel working, and when to work with a smaller crew.
- Customer service is crucial to any business, because without customers you have no business. The IPad POS lets you collect information about your customers, see what they like and what they don’t like, figure out what are some products that you can introduce to your business, when to make special offers and so on.
- When using an IPad for your POS, all your data is stored on the cloud. This means that you don’t have to worry about running out of space, theft, accidents or losing data. All of the data is stored on multiple off-site servers that are protected 24/7, so you can rest assured that all of your data is secure.
Hopefully these reasons will help you see that now, more than ever, it is time to move on from the traditional and embrace the modern. Choosing an IPad POS will not only let you run your business with ease and much more productively than any system before, but also let your business progress as technology does.
— iPad fans (@iPadfans) August 31, 2017